|Experience:||Band – 7/8|
|Industry:||Health, Wellness & Fitness|
|Job Functions:||Health Care Provider|
Capri Healthcare is a leading digital healthcare provider in the Midlands. With an access to c200,000 patients, Capri is embarking on providing high-quality clinical services including staffing to PCNs and GP practices. Capri is expanding its clinical team and now we are now looking for Prescribing Pharmacists to work with our partner PCNs.
You will work within your clinical competencies as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide expertise in clinical medicines management, provide physical/virtual, structured medication reviews, manage long term conditions, management of medicines on the transfer of care and systems for safer prescribing, manage repeat prescription authorisations and reauthorisation, acute prescription request while addressing both the public health and social care needs of patients in the GP practice(s) that make up the PCN.
You will be a qualified independent prescriber who will be required to attend CPPE training days and will be an integral part of the team.
This is a full/part-time position with a pro-rata starting salary of £43,042.
Job duties include (but are not limited to) the following activities:
- Medication reviews, particularly in high-risk groups including:
- the frail elderly
- poly pharmacy
- renal impairment
- hepatic impairment
- substance misuse
- patients on high-risk medicines
- STOPP (screening tool for older people’s potentially inappropriate prescriptions)
- START (screening tool to alert doctors to right/appropriate treatments) identified patients
- recurrent hospital admissions
- Managing the repeat prescribing reauthorisation process
- Repeat prescriptions and medicines reaching review dates
- Improving prescribing practice through educational support for all prescribers in the practice
- Answering medication queries and medication reviews by telephone
- Acute Prescription requests
- Other general tasks as required
- EMIS/SystmOne experience is essential.
- Full/Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Reference ID: CH202103
Expected start date: 30/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Permanent
Salary: £43,042.00 – £49,969.00 per year
All staff members are required to wear a face mask and take necessary precautions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.