Technical Delivery Manager
Working from home, UK or flexible working in Edinburg office
3-6 Month Contract
up to £525 per day
- Engages with stakeholders to create buy-in
- Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimises the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk.
- Actively manages and co-ordinates the Coverage Redesign plan/roadmap, handling changes as they arise and keeping stakeholders focused on the agreed change outcomes and benefits
- Proactively determine, analyse and identify process performance metrics and measurements and dictates improvement plans to track and drive on-time delivery and adherence to budget.
- Influence and collaborates with stakeholders and business partners, building strong relationships to ensure consensus and influence change outcomes. Fosters open and honest communication which anticipates stakeholder expectations.
- Obtains sponsor and stakeholder buy-in for programme plans, commitments and changes
- Obtains sponsor and stakeholder sign-off for key deliverables and tollgates
- Anticipates and identifies existing or emerging risks/issues. Oversees the tracking of strategic programme
- risks/issues/dependencies, assesses the impact on the benefits realisation for the programme and takes action to minimise the impact
- Defines and articulates to stakeholders the targeted benefits and owns responsibility for benefits management throughout the programme life-cycle
- Plans and manages the implementation of the change, to ensure business benefits are realised and that the transition from current state to target state is smooth. Ensuring that the organisation and other change audiences are ready, willing and able to function in the new business environment
- Works closely with delivery partners to shape the programme, ensuring there are clear goals, benefits, scope, governance and delivery structure with planning, design and estimating, bringing together delivery and business partner teams; actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and programmes
- Acts as a change leader with the business leadership and business sponsor – a visible and clear leader for the Programme and the delivery of its outcomes and benefits achievement.
- Ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success
- Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example
- Project/Programme management and delivery
- Multinational corporate or institutional client management or sales experience
- Innovation mind-set
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Experienced facilitator and Moderator
- Problem solver
- Analytical thinker; to solve complex problems using data
- A successful track record of delivering complex projects and/or programmes, managing other team members and utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success
- Able to build effective senior stakeholder relationships. Confidence to constructively challenge the agenda in order to help the business and technical teams deliver maximum value for each £ invested.
- Outstanding track record for the successful delivery of significant and complex change programmes
- Detailed and demonstrable knowledge of end-to-end Programme life cycle: business analysis, business and technical process change, test management, implementation and production transition.
- A highly energetic and resilient individual capable of managing significant Programme budgets to quality, time and scope.
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills, including business case development and benefits realisation.
- Very strong analytical and facilitation skills to ensure business needs and effective solutions can be quickly and clearly defined.
- Strong influencing skills and commercial awareness.
- Proven team building and leadership capabilities operating within a matrix organisation.
- Ability to operate across boundaries of location, business and technical change organisations, with broad infrastructure and business systems knowledge.
- Effective management of dependencies and interactions across associated and complementary projects.
- Outstanding written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead and manage Project Managers and BAs, locally and globally, to ensure the highest standards of project delivery are achieved.
- Good knowledge of the utility industry and offerings.
Contract length: 3 months
Expected start date: 13/09/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £450.00-£525.00 per day
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.