NHS is looking for plasma donors
NHS need people who’ve recovered from coronavirus (COVID-19) to donate blood plasma, as part of a clinical trial to help with the national effort against the virus. The trial will tell us how effective convalescent plasma (plasma from people who’ve had coronavirus) is for treating coronavirus patients.
How can you help
If you have had a positive test result for COVID-19, or have had symptoms of COVID-19, you can help us by registering to donate plasma.
Not everyone will be able to donate. You need to meet some eligibility criteria:
- be between 17 and 66 years old
- weigh between 50kg and 158kg
- not be pregnant, or had a baby, miscarriage or termination within six months
- not have an existing or previous heart condition
- not have had a transfusion since 1st January 1980
- live close enough to donate at one of our 23 main donor centres.
NHS will be in contact over the coming weeks around any next steps. Acceptance to donate will depend on the form and follow-up contacts before donation.
You can save lives Register today!